The Best Wedding Dates and Dates to Avoid in 2021 & 2022
You’re engaged! Now what? Whether you are newly engaged (or rescheduling your wedding due to the pandemic), picking your perfect wedding date is a daunting task. It should be one of the very first tasks to check off your wedding checklist. Need help knowing the best wedding dates for 2021 & 2022? Well, look no further. Chapel of the Flowers has put together a list of the best, luckiest, and dates to avoid for your wedding date.
2021 & 2022 Wedding Dates
It’s safe to say that COVID took over 2020. Meaning… there are even more brides & grooms in the market for weddings than in previous years. 2021 is predicted to be a HUGE year for weddings. There are 2020 couples who had to reschedule their wedding dates, along with all the newly engaged couples from the holidays.
Our advice is to start your wedding planning early, lockdown your wedding date, and reserve your wedding venue as soon as possible to avoid any heartbreak of not getting that perfect wedding date.
Best Wedding Dates
What date is best for weddings? Many couples may consider a holiday weekend being the best time for a wedding, while others may see a holiday being the worst date to get married. Picking the best wedding date is all relative, so we decided to break it down.
Looking at wedding reports and current wedding trends, Chapel of the Flowers has determined the most popular wedding dates, dates to avoid, lucky wedding dates, unique days to tie the knot, and even dates that you should consider in 2021 & 2022.
Popular Wedding Dates 2021
- Friday, January 1, 2021 (1-1-21) – New Year’s Day
- Friday, February 12, 2021 (2-12-21) – Chinese New Year (Year of the Ox)
- Saturday, February 13, 2021 (2-13-21) – Valentine’s Day Weekend
- Sunday, February 14, 2021 (2-14-21) – Valentine’s Day
- Saturday, April 3, 2021 (4-3-21) – Countdown Date
- Saturday, May 29, 2021 (5-29-21) – Memorial Day Weekend
- Saturday, September 4, 2021 (9-4-21) – Labor Day Weekend
- Saturday, October 2, 2021 (10-2-21) – October is the most popular month, and Saturday is the most popular day to get married
- Saturday, October 9, 2021 (10-9-21)
- Saturday, October 16, 2021 (10-16-21)
- Saturday, October 23, 2021 (10-23-21)
- Saturday, October 30, 2021 (10-30-21)
- Sunday, October 31, 2021 (10-31-21) – Halloween
- Friday, December 31, 2021 (12-31-21) – New Year’s Eve
Palindrome Dates 2021
Need an easy way to remember your wedding date? Consider a palindrome wedding date.
Palindromes are words or numbers that are the same forwards and backward, like “9/1/19” or “racecar”. Since these are easy to remember, they are very popular dates to get married on.
- Wednesday, January 20, 2021 (1-20-21)
- Thursday, January 21, 2021 (1-21-21)
- Friday, January 22, 2021 (1-22-21)
- Saturday, January 23, 2021 (1-23-21)
- Sunday, January 24, 2021 (1-24-21)
- Monday, January 25, 2021 (1-25-21)
- Tuesday, January 26, 2021 (1-26-21)
- Wednesday, January 27, 2021 (1-27-21)
- Thursday, January 28, 2021 (1-28-21)
- Friday, January 29, 2021 (1-29-21)
- Wednesday, December 1, 2021 (12-1-21)
- Saturday, December 11, 2021 (12-11-21)
- Wednesday, December 22, 2021 (12-22-21)
Popular Wedding Dates 2022
- Saturday, January 1, 2022 (1-1-22) – New Year’s Day
- Sunday, February 13, 2022 (2-13-22) – Valentine’s Day Weekend
- Monday, February 14, 2021 (2-14-22) – Valentine’s Day
- Friday, April 1, 2022 (4-1-22) – April Fool’s Day
- Saturday, May 28, 2022 (5-28-22) – Memorial Day Weekend
- Saturday, September 3, 2022 (9-3-22) – Labor Day Weekend
- Saturday, October 1, 2022 (10-1-22) – October is the most popular month, and Saturday is the most popular day to get married
- Saturday, October 8, 2022 (10-8-22)
- Saturday, October 15, 2022 (10-15-22)
- Saturday, October 22, 2022 (10-22-22)
- Saturday, October 29, 2022 (10-29-22)
- Saturday, December 31, 2022 (12-31-22) – New Year’s Eve
Palindrome Dates 2022
- Thursday, February 2, 2022 (2-2-22)
- Sunday, February 20, 2022 (2-20-22)
- Monday, February 21, 2022 (2-21-22)
- Tuesday, February 22, 2022 (2-22-22)
- Wednesday, February 23, 2022 (2-23-22)
- Thursday, February 24, 2022 (2-24-22)
- Friday, February 25, 2022 (2-25-22)
- Saturday, February 26, 2022 (2-26-22)
- Sunday, February 27, 2022 (2-27-22)
- Monday, February 28, 2022 (2-28-22)
Wedding Dates to Avoid
If you want wedding guests to attend your wedding, the best rule of thumb is to avoid any dates that may clash with your date. Planning your wedding on a popular holiday or weekend with a large sporting event may leave you with no wedding guests.
Wedding Dates to Avoid in 2021
- Sunday, February 7, 2021 (2-7-2021) – Super Bowl Sunday
- Thursday, November 25, 2021 (11-25-21) – Thanksgiving
- Saturday, December 25,2021 (12-25-21) – Christmas
Wedding Dates to Avoid in 2022
- Sunday, February 6, 2022 (2-6-2022) – Super Bowl Sunday
- Thursday, November 24, 2022 (11-24-22) – Thanksgiving
- Sunday, December 25,2022 (12-25-22) – Christmas
Wedding Tip: A majority of wedding venues will be closed on Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Your destination may determine other dates to avoid. If you aren’t familiar with events happening in your destination city, make sure to do a Google search to see what events are happening on your wedding date. After you search, you can determine if the hotel and flight rates are something you are willing to pay or whether to consider another date.
Lucky Wedding Dates in 2021 & 2022
Do you believe in luck? There are some “lucky” dates on the calendar that you may want to consider if you do. In the past decade, Numerology and Auspicious dates have influenced the most popular wedding dates in a big way.
Luck is a significant factor in the Chinese and Hindu cultures. Auspicious is another word for lucky. Auspicious wedding dates are very common in Asian wedding customs.
Many couples have looked at having auspicious dates to bring their marriage good fortune. If you are considering picking a “lucky date” based on the Chinese calendar, the first step is discovering both of your signs as reported by the Chinese zodiac. After you know your signs, look up your lucky dates according to the Chinese calendar and see which dates are conflicting with your sign.
Numerology Wedding Dates
There is power in numbers, and many couples use Numerology to help pick their wedding date. By choosing a date inspired by Numerology, your big day will feel even more special because it is unique to you and your partner!
Numerology uses both birthdays to determine the perfect date for the couple to say “I do.”
Use this link to find out how you can find you and your beloved’s best wedding date according to Numerology.
Unlucky Wedding Dates
Unlucky Wedding Dates 2021
- Monday, March 15, 2021 (3-15-21) – The Ides of March
- Friday, August 13, 2021 (8-13-21) – Friday the 13th
Unlucky Wedding Dates 2022
- Tuesday, March 15, 2022 (3-15-22) – The Ides of March
- Friday, May 13, 2022 (5-13-22) – Friday the 13th
Cool Wedding Dates in 2021 & 2022
Do you consider yourself offbeat, or you dance to the beat of your own drum? Then maybe a traditional wedding date isn’t for you. Here are a couple of fun wedding dates that might fit your personal taste a little better.
Cool Wedding Dates 2021
- Sunday, March 14,2021 (3-14-21) – Pi Day
- Wednesday, March 17, 2021 (3-17-21) – St. Patrick’s Day
- Thursday, April 1, 2021 (4-1-21) – April Fool’s Day
- Tuesday, April 20, 2021 (4-20-21) – 4/20 Day
- Tuesday, May 4, 2021 (5-4-21) – Star Wars Day (May the 4th be with You)
- Wednesday, May 5, 2021 (5-5-21) – Cinco De Mayo
- Sunday, June 20, 2021 (6-20-21) – Summer Solstice (longest day of the year)
- Monday, November 1, 2021 (11-1-21) – Day of the Dead
- Tuesday, December 21, 2021 (12-21-21) – Winter Solstice (shortest day of the year)
Cool Wedding Dates 2022
- Tuesday, February 1, 2022 (2-1-22) – Chinese New Year (Year of the Tiger)
- Monday, March 14,2022 (3-14-22) – Pi Day
- Thursday, March 17, 2022 (3-17-22) – St. Patrick’s Day
- Wednesday, April 20, 2022 (4-20-22) – 4/20 Day
- Wednesday, May 4, 2022 (5-4-22) – Star Wars Day (May the 4th be with You)
- Thursday, May 5, 2022 (5-5-22) – Cinco De Mayo
- Tuesday, June 21, 2022 (6-21-22) – Summer Solstice (longest day of the year)
- Tuesday, November 1, 2022 (11-1-22) – Day of the Dead
- Wednesday, December 21, 2022 (12-21-22) – Winter Solstice (shortest day of the year)
Wedding Dates to Consider
Don’t care about the date or maybe you are looking for the best wedding deals. Weddings from Sunday through Thursday, aka “Weekday Weddings”, are an excellent option for couples that are flexible with their date or want to have a week’s worth of wedding events.
Why to Consider a Weekday Wedding
- More Availability – Many 2020 weddings that were postponed due to COVID have already been rescheduled. Couples seeking a weekend wedding in 2021 may have issues finding a Friday or Saturday open in their desired wedding venue since many couples have already re-booked their wedding dates.
- Don’t have to settle – If you are set on having a Friday or Saturday ceremony, your dream wedding venue may not be available. You may have to find a wedding venue you aren’t crazy about to get married during a weekend. You may want to reconsider a Thursday wedding date so that you can have your dream wedding location.
- Wedding deals happen during the weekday – Did you know, to help fill in slower days, wedding venues offer discounts or promos? Well, if you didn’t know – they do! In some cases, you could save big bucks getting married during the week.
- Save on travel – If you are having a destination wedding or your wedding guests need to travel, hotel and flight rates might be cheaper during the week.
- More time to with your loved ones – You can make the entire week all about you! You will be saving money on travel and getting wedding deals with your wedding venue. You will have extra money to have a “welcome dinner”, “farewell brunch”, or any other wedding gatherings.
Best Month to Get Married
If you are having trouble finding an available date or don’t care about the wedding date, consider looking at months to get married in. According to Wedding Wire, May, September, and October are the most popular months to say “I do”. Summer and Winter have the most extreme temperatures, which is why many couples are selecting Spring or Fall months for their weddings.
Chapel of the Flowers is located in Las Vegas, NV. The “Wedding Capital of the World”. Many couples for years have been coming to Vegas to “tie the knot”. There are so many options for wedding locations in Las Vegas, from a romantic Valley of Fire wedding to a simple chapel ceremony to all-inclusive wedding packages with reception, with favorable wedding weather all year long.
Best Months to Get Married in Vegas
If you are considering a Las Vegas wedding, consider which month works best with your wedding theme. Many people think Las Vegas is always hot, but you would be surprised how cold Vegas can get.
- Spring (March – Mid May): Great weather, can be rainy at times. Everything is blooming and beautiful.
- Summer (Late May-August): Summertime and Summer vacation! Very hot but great for couples that enjoy the pool and that party atmosphere. There are also lots of events and festivals that get scheduled during the Summer months in Las Vegas.
- Fall (September – November): Best weather for weddings! It starts to get cooler from the hot summer: crisp air and beautiful sunsets.
- Winter (December – February): Cold and a little rainy, but nothing too bad (it is the desert, and we don’t get a ton of rain). Less busy on the Strip and great rates for wedding packages (Winter months are considered off-season dates).
Monthly Weather Average for Las Vegas
|January||58° F (14° C)||34° F (1° C)||0.5|
|February||63° F (17° C)||39° F (4° C)||0.45|
|March||69° F (21° C)||44° F (7° C)||0.4|
|April||78° F (26° C)||51° F (11° C)||0.2|
|May||88° F (31° C)||60° F (16° C)||0.2|
|June||100° F (38° C)||69° F (21° C)||0.2|
|July||106° F (41° C)||74° F (23° C)||0.45|
|August||103° F (39° C)||74° F (23° C)||0.55|
|September||95° F (35° C)||66° F (19° C)||0.3|
|October||82° F (28° C)||54° F (12° C)||0.25|
|November||67° F (19° C)||43° F (6° C)||0.45|
|December||58° F (14° C)||34° F (1° C)||0.3|
With everything to consider, the most important thing on your wedding day is getting to marry your best friend, which will make any date on the calendar special to you and your fiancé.
Start your wedding planning off on the right foot, and contact Chapel of the Flowers to check availability and plan your perfect wedding. From reception to flowers to wedding photography, our Las Vegas wedding venue has everything needed for an unforgettable wedding day! Contact us today to reserve your wedding date and plan the details later.