Chapel of the Flowers Presents: March Wedding Madness Tips for a Sports-Themed Wedding
The 2015 NCAA basketball tournament has officially started, along with the unofficial kick-off of wedding season. While sports fanatics are feverishly filling out their brackets, newly engaged couples are planning their weddings. So what do sports and weddings have in common? Strategy, planning and coordination, of course. But there are many couples who love to incorporate their love of sports into their Big Day. In honor of March Wedding Madness, Chapel of the Flowers presents tips for your sports-themed wedding.
Tips for Creating a “Sports-Themed Wedding”
- Start by taking some fun engagement photos, with your favorite sports team – or teams – as inspiration:
- Be creative with your “Save the Date” announcements and wedding invitations, incorporating your team’s logo:
- Decorate your tables with sports-inspired centerpieces, name cards and décor:
- Color schemes are great way to let your guests know which team you root for:
- Little touches go a long way. Show your love for a favorite team with your accessories, shoes and even socks:
- Treat your guests to Cracker Jacks and other sports-themed wedding favors:
- Have some fun with your wedding cake. Design a one-of-a-kind wedding cake, decorate with a custom cake topper, or order a groom’s cake to show your love for a favorite sports team:
- Make an entrance to your wedding with your team’s alma mater song or mascot:
- Create the fan experience with sports-related guest books and twists on classic wedding traditions:
This wedding season, don’t be shy about showing pride for your team on the biggest day of your life. Whether you decide on a reception with touches of general sports décor, or revolve your entire wedding theme around your favorite team, don’t forget to make it personal, memorable and an event that shows your guests that you love each other as much as you love your beloved team.