Wondering how to obtain your wedding license in Las Vegas? Chapel of the Flowers has you covered.
Below you will find guidelines on how to obtain your marriage license, where to purchase it, how much it cost and more important details.
Obtaining a Las Vegas Marriage License:
1. Apply for a Marriage License at the Regional Justice Center
2. Nevada state law allows only a biological male and biological female to be married. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and no nearer kin than second cousins or cousins of half-blood.
3. Both parties must appear before a Clerk at the Clark County Marriage Bureau location with acceptable identification. Identification serves as proof of region, name, and age. *Caution: your Marriage License and Certificate will be prepared with your legal name exactly as it appears on the identification presented. Therefore, if you want your middle name to reflect in its entirety, the identification must contain your full middle name, and not just an initial.
4. NO blood test is required.
5. All U.S. citizens are required to provide their Social Security number; however, you do NOT need to present your Social Security card.
6. A marriage license is issued the same day a couple applies. There is also no waiting period to get married after the license is issued – which is why many choose to pick up their license either the day before or day of their ceremony. If you prefer to obtain the documents ahead of time, it is good for up to one year from date of issue. *Bonus: Completing the Online Marriage Pre-Application gets you into the express lane! Pre-applications are kept in the Marriage Bureau’s system for sixty (60) days.
Cost: The fee for a Marriage License is $60. Acceptable forms of payment are cash, credit card, traveler’s check, or money order. A service charge of $5.15 will be added when using a credit card to pay. Debit cards are not accepted unless it is a dual credit/debit card. Detailed information can be found on the Clark County Website. Please remember to bring your documents on the day of your ceremony!! While we can marry you without rings, the show cannot continue without your Marriage License. It’s recommended to bring the large white envelope containing all of your paperwork, reducing the risk of misplacing a vital document.
To make it even easier for our couples, Chapel of the Flowers offers the Luxury Marriage License Transportation Service. For $75, we will provide transportation from your hotel to the Regional Justice Center to obtain your Marriage License then to the chapel for a private consultation. During your consultation, you will be able to review the details of your plan with a Wedding Planner, along with receiving a complete tour of the chapel, grounds, photo gallery, and flower shop. You will also be able to leave your marriage license with us, eliminating the stress of forgetting it in your hotel on the day of. After your consultation, you will be returned to your hotel. For more information on this service, and for all other inquiries, please Contact a Wedding Planner today.