The Cost of Weddings in the United States
If you liked it then you shoulda’ put a ring on it. And after the diamond ring, be sure you have plenty of greenbacks saved up to pay for the wedding. The once simple affair that involved a reception with cake and punch in the recreation hall at church following the ceremony has evolved to an event of epic proportions, where money is seemingly no object. According to The Knot, guest counts have shrunk but the cost of weddings in the United States has steadily risen in recent years, reaching a peak in 2014. Topping the list of most expensive areas to wed: East Coast and West Coast cities, not surprisingly.
Top 25 Most Expensive Places to Get Married in the United States:
1. New York – Manhattan $76,328
2. New York – Long Island $55,327
3. New Jersey – North/Central $53,986
4. New York – Westchester/Hudson Valley $52,954
5. Illinois – Chicago $50,934
6. New York – Outer Boroughs $49,781
7. Pennsylvania – Philadelphia $44,090
8. Rhode Island $41,914
9. California – San Francisco/Greater Bay Area $39,690
10. New Jersey – South $39,191
11. California – Santa Barbara/Ventura $39,187
12. Washington DC/Northern Virginia/Suburban Maryland $39,025
13. Connecticut $38,925
14. Massachusetts – Boston $38,665
15. Florida – Southern $38,155
16. California – Los Angeles $37,317
17. Louisiana $35,532
18. Hawaii $34,958
19. Maryland – Baltimore $34,409
20. Texas – Houston $33,809
21. Illinois – Chicago Suburbs $33,391
22. California – Orange County/Inland Empire $33,118
23. California – San Diego $32,941
24. Pennsylvania – Pittsburgh $32,359
25. Texas – Austin/San Antonio $31,886
Couples with modest budgets who think they’re “priced out” of getting married anytime soon need not be dismayed. The two least expensive states to wed are Utah ($15,257) and Arkansas ($18,031), but the most popular budget-friendly locale that offers couples the most amenities is Las Vegas, where the average wedding is under $22,000.
Brides who desire a glamorous, elegant ceremony and reception at a fraction of what they’d spend in New York, Chicago, Los Angeles or San Francisco know that Chapel of the Flowers in Las Vegas offers the loveliest chapels and stunning outdoor venues at affordable prices. Wedding ceremonies start at just $350, and each package may be customized to include just about anything, from intimate elopement packages to the elaborate Bella Eleganza wedding or vow renewal package. The Bella Eleganza wedding package is one of the most luxurious ways to say “I Do” and includes hair and makeup, upgraded floral, award-winning photography services, modern limousine transportation for the couple and additional guests, dinner, wedding cake and overnight accommodations for the newlyweds, all for only $9,100.
Other affordable weddings in Las Vegas include the traditional indoor Victorian Chapel, beach-themed ceremonies and receptions at Tropicana LV Weddings, unique elegant weddings with Elvis as officiant , or breathtaking weddings at the Grand Canyon that include transportation via helicopter.
Visit Chapel of the Flowers online to find the perfect wedding ceremony and reception package that fits your budget. The money you save by having your destination wedding in Las Vegas will give you extra funds for your dream honeymoon or will give you a great head-start on purchasing a sports car or a even a house or condo!