WEDDING REPORT: Origins Behind Lucky Wedding Dates
Have you ever wondered why certain numbers are considered lucky? For example, the number 7. Most people consider this number to be very good luck, and couples from around the world have chosen 7-7-17 or 7-17-17 as their wedding date this year. In fact July 7th, 2017 is expected to be even more popular because it will be the 10 year anniversary for brides and grooms that got married on 7-7-07. So what’s the story behind lucky number 7?
Other than 7-7-17 being easy to remember, there are many other reason why someone might choose July 7th as a wedding date.
The number 7 in Chinese culture is consider to be very lucky, because it represents Yin and Yang. July 7th, is also coined as the “Chinese Valentine’s Day” according to the legend of the Milky Way Lovers.
People that believe in spiritual healing of the Earth, notice that 7 comes up a lot in nature, and see this as a sign of lucky. Seven seas, seven continents, seven colors in a rainbow; these are all examples how one can see Mother Earth giving guidance to good fortune.
There are a couple of ways to you can discover what your lucky number is.
- Think about which number appears in your life a lot (number of kids, birthday dates of you and your loved ones, license plate numbers, etc). If your feel a certain number “follows you around”, it might be because its your lucky number.
- Find out your lucky number “Vegas” style. Take a pair of dice and roll them 100 times to see which number appears the most.
- You can also visit this site and see which are the Lucky and Unlucky Numbers from Around the World.
- If you are into numerology, you can visit this site to find your lucky number by using numerology methods.
Other Awesome Wedding Dates to Consider
If you aren’t too superstitious, or want a fun wedding date to consider; you may want to think about the following dates:
- Friday October 13th, 2017: For off-beat brides, or gothic wedding couples; this year your favorite “unlucky” number falls on a Friday in the spooky month of October.
- Friday April 20th, 2018: If you love the “green”, then this is your “weeding” date.
- Friday May 4th, 2018: Star Wars Day would be a perfect day to profess your love for those die hard Star Wars fans.
Interested in a lucky number 7 wedding, or Las Vegas wedding? Chapel of the Flowers still has some time slots still available for July weddings. Contact our wedding planners today to reserve your special day, and find out about our all-inclusive wedding packages.